Wednesday 11 November 2015

IBB rejects PDP’s invitation

It is on the score of this that I have elected to turn down this request to participate in the rebranding conference of the PDP in a partisan manner.

Attempts by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to mend fences, got a blow, from former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.
IBB rejected the invitation extended to him, to attend the party’s rebranding conference.
He said “While I welcome the invitation to the event as a mark of respect as one of the founding fathers, I want to be excused on the grounds that I have long bid bye to partisan politics.
“Four years ago at an elaborate event at the Transcorp Hilton Hotels Abuja, I announced my retirement from partisan politics after my failed attempt to contest for President and having attained the gracious age of 70, in a society where life expectancy stands at a ridiculous 47 years.”
Adding that “It is on the score of this that I have elected to turn down this request to participate in the rebranding conference of the PDP in a partisan manner. My fulfillment in life is further bolstered by the emerging scenario that is evident in our present political reality. First, the idea of a two-party system which has always been my desire; and the stack reality that, incumbents can be defeated at various levels of election as a function of growing awareness and consciousness on the part of the electorate.
“These to me, present interesting dimensions in our political evolution as a country grappling with so many challenges.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

24hours