Monday 29 February 2016

Fake Miracle: Alfa in trouble after failing to double N350k to N5m

An Islamic cleric popularly called Alpha is in trouble for duping a trader over money doubling.

A self-acclaimed Islamic cleric popularly called Alpha, Alhaji Ibrahim Ahamido, has been arrested by the Maroko Police Division of the Lagos State Police Command, for allegedly defrauding a trader, Sarah Moses, after he had collected the sum of N350,000 from her, promising to boost her business by turning the money to N5 million.

Immediately after collecting the money from Moses, Alpha Ahamido reportedly gave his girlfriend, Hawa Musa, the sum N100,000 to 'renew their love', and absconded.
It was gathered that Moses was introduced to Ahamido sometime in December, 2015, in a restaurant in Lekki area of the state, and he had boasted about his special powers that could make him multiply money after prayers.
A source in the know said:
“The woman initially did not believe. So, he promised to help her bring out her child, who at the time was arrested by the police for an offence he committed. He prepared some concoction for her, and just like that, the woman’s son was released. That immediately convinced her and she trusted him.”
Having been convinced of the man's powers, Moses asked him for help concerning her business, which was not doing well and Alpha Ahamido asked her to bring the sum of N350, 000 so he could turn it to N5 million, which she readily gave to him.
“I told him I would be travelling to Ghana in December, 2015, and I would return in January 2016. He gave me something to put under my pillow. He said when I return from my trip, I should check the pillow and the N5 million would be there.
When I returned, I checked under the pillow, but I did not see any money. I called him to inform him, and he said it was my fault because I did not come back on time. He said the money came out from the container he gave me, but when I did not pack it on time, it went back.
He asked me to pay another N9,000 so that he could make another charm to repair the damage. It was after I gave him the money and he disappeared that I knew I was dealing with a fraudster.”
She then reported Ahamido to the police and he was arrested after a manhunt.
The 47-year-old suspect, however, said he did not mean to dupe the trader, adding that he tried to multiply the money, but failed. He however, denied collecting N350,000 from his victim.
“I did not collect up to N350,000 from her, and she even gave me the money piecemeal. The total is N150,000. I will refund the money since her blood was not compatible with the prayers,” he said.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

24hours